What to do whilst on holiday at Padley Farm Bed & Breakfast
Where do we start? There are so many attractions, activities and places to see and visit in and around Yorkshire it’s hard to know where to start and how to tell you about everything. We’ve tried to make a start below and listed a selection of our favourite places, attractions and also up-coming festivals.
Walks & Local Attractions
Padley Farm is ideally placed for those who enjoy the fresh air of the countryside. For walking routes around the area visit the Sheffield Ramblers online.
For those who prefer to travel by car, and for routes further afield visit Travel South Yorkshire.
There is an easy access walk which takes you through Stacey Bank, along the river Loxley and all the way to Hillsborough: or the recently revamped paths take you all the way round the Dam Flask reservoir where you may call at the country village of Bradfield and feed the ducks or enjoy a meal at the Plough Inn.
Being close to the Peak District, you can spend your time sight-seeing. For more information click here http://www.peakdistrict.org
Places of Interest in Sheffield
- Shopping at Meadowhall and City Centre – http://www.meadowhall.co.uk
- Sheffield City Hall – http://www.sheffieldcityhall.co.uk
- Arts Heritage and cultural attractions – http://www.gsas.co.uk
- Winter gardens – http://www.sheffield.gov.uk
Places to Eat
- Surrounding District
- Peak district
- Chatsworth House
- Harewood House
- Colliery visits
- Caverns (Blue John stone)
- Gulliver’s Kingdom
- Wind in the Willows, Derbyshire
- Exploring Pennine Countryside
- Butterfly House
- Sundown Adventureland
- Working Carriage Museum
Museum & Art Galleries
- Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet
- Craft gallery
- Sheffield Crucible, Sheffield Lyceum – http://www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk
- The Showroom – http://www.showroom.org.uk
- Horse riding
- Ski Slopes
- Village green entertainments